Today we’re talking about How and WHY to Reduce Plastic Usage in Your Home! It’s a disturbing thought – the billions of microplastics that pollute our oceans can seep into the fish that inhabit them. And when we consume these fish, we are inadvertently also ingesting these harmful microplastics. It’s a vicious cycle that has serious implications for both our health and the environment.
As the world continues to grapple with the issue of plastic waste and its impact on the environment, it’s important to note that our own health is also at risk. Recent studies have shown that humans consume as much as a credit card’s worth of plastic every week, highlighting the need for us to take action to minimize our plastic usage.
In this episode, we will delve into the various ways in which plastic affects our lives and explore actionable steps we can take to reduce our plastic consumption. I’m also sharing some tips for how to get plastic out of your home.
Listen to the show, How and WHY to Reduce Plastic Usage in Your Home:
In this episode, you will hear:
- How we get plastic in our bodies
- Microplastics and the gut microbiome
- Why plastic is bad for the gut
- How to avoid plastics and tips for shopping in stores
- How to create a zero-waste kit on the go
- How to get rid of plastic in your home
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Kion Coffee: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/kion (affiliate)
- Berkey water filter: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/Berkey (affiliate)
- Pyrex dishes: https://amzn.to/3WjdoRN (affiliate)
- Stasher Bags: https://amzn.to/3MlinMS (affiliate)
- Bee’s Wrap: https://amzn.to/3Iq8RqW (affiliate)
- Attitude refillable shampoo: https://amzn.to/43c69gH (affiliate)
- Simply Gum: https://amzn.to/45hfLZ9 (affiliate)
- Cloth diapers: https://www.bumgenius.com/products/bumgenius-freetime-all-in-one-one-size-cloth-diaper
- Ridwell: ridwell.com/invite/CAROLINE257
- Branch Basics: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/branch-basics (affiliate) Use code OLIVEYOUWHOLE
- Breville Barista Touch Espresso Machine: oliveyouwhole.com/breville (affiliate)
- You’re eating a credit card of plastic per week: https://nypost.com/2022/03/30/youre-eating-a-credit-cards-worth-of-plastic-a-week-and-its-killing-your-gut/
- Study on microplastics : https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/17/4/1212
- The Problem with Coffee Pods (Wellness Mama): https://wellnessmama.com/natural-home/coffee-pod-problems/
- The state of microplastics on the microbiome of the gut: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/03/220324130253.htm
- FDA’s Statements about Melamine: https://www.fda.gov/food/economically-motivated-adulteration-food-fraud/melamine-tableware-questions-and-answers
- BPA and the EWG: https://www.ewg.org/areas-focus/toxic-chemicals/bpa
- Best Toxic Free Coffee: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/health/the-best-toxic-free-coffee-the-best-mold-and-mycotoxin-free-coffee-brand
- What’s Actually in Your Tap Water: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/clean-lifestyle/the-best-home-water-filter-whats-actually-in-your-tap-water
Similar Podcast Episodes:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.
The post 073: How and WHY to Reduce Plastic Usage in Your Home: Your Health Depends on It appeared first on Olive You Whole.