The American Express® Business Gold Card Card is a premium credit card for small businesses with excellent features like purchase price protection, travel accident insurance, car rental coverage, and the famous AMEX extended warranty that actually pays out. The card features have been changed as of October 2023 to include new rewards categories and perks. Here are the highlights:
- Welcome Offer: Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards(R) points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 4X Membership Rewards(R) points on the 2 categories where your business spends the most each billing cycle from 6 eligible categories. While your top 2 categories may change, you will earn 4X points on the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these categories each calendar year (then 1X thereafter). Only the top 2 categories each billing cycle will count towards the $150,000 cap.
- 3X Membership Rewards(R) points on flights booked directly with airlines and prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com using your Business Gold Card.
- $240 Flexible Business Credit. Earn up to $20 in statement credits monthly after you use the Business Gold Card for eligible U.S. purchases at FedEx, Grubhub, and Office Supply Stores. This can be an annual savings of up to $240. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit annually. Get $12.95 back in statement credits each month when you pay for a monthly Walmart+ membership (subject to auto-renewal) with your Business Gold Card. $12.95 plus applicable taxes.
- Choose your card design: Gold or Rose Gold.
- Annual fee is $295 ($375 if application is received on or after 2/1/24). (See Rates and Fees)
- *Terms Apply.
The six eligible categories for the 4X Membership Rewards(R) points are:
- Transit purchases including trains, taxicabs, rideshare services, ferries, tolls, parking, buses, and subways
- Purchases at US media providers for advertising in select media (online, TV, radio)
- U.S. purchases made from electronic goods retailers and software & cloud system providers
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases at restaurants, including takeout and delivery
- Monthly wireless telephone service charges made directly from a wireless telephone service provider in the U.S.
Membership Rewards points can be converted to the following airline and hotel programs (there are more, this is just a selection):
- Delta SkyMiles
- Hawaiian Airlines
- ANA Mileage Club (partner of United Airlines)
- Air Canada (partner of United Airlines)
- British Airways (partner of American Airlines)
- FlyingBlue (Air France/KLM)
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Choice Privileges
- Hilton Honors
- Marriott Bonvoy
Business credit card eligibility. Many people aren’t aware that they can apply for business credit cards, even if they are not a corporation or LLC. Sole proprietors are a small business. If you received a 1099-MISC tax form and filled out a Schedule C, that means you have business income, you pay self-employment taxes, and you’re a sole proprietorship. This is the simplest business entity, but it is fully legit and recognized by the IRS. On a business credit card application, you should use your own legal name as the business name, and your Social Security Number as the Tax ID.
This card will require you to personally guarantee that you’ll pay them back what you purchase with the card, which means they’ll check your personal credit score like any other consumer card. However, as the card is a business card, American Express won’t have it show up on your personal credit report, so it won’t change things like your credit limits, average account age, or credit utilization ratio.
Bottom line. The new American Express® Business Gold Card is a premium credit card for small business that includes the classic American Express features like excellent customer service and customer-friendly protections. The card now offers the ability to earn 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month, on up to $150,000 in combined purchases from these categories each calendar year. There is also a welcome offer for new applicants.
I will add this card to my list of Top 10 Best Business Card Offers.
“The editorial content here is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone. This email may contain links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers.”
Copyright © 2004-2022 MyMoneyBlog.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not re-syndicate without permission.