Bonuses & Casinos in New Zealand
Casinos can be great places to pass time, meet new people and maybe walk away with a prize or two. In addition, play your cards right (not literally) and you could also be handed a generous casino bonus.
That is, if you set your sights on the fabulous world of online casino gaming.
Casino bonuses are available in all shapes and sizes to suit most player preferences. Free signup bonuses, no deposit bonuses at mobile casinos, special deals for VIPs and big spenders – the list goes on and on. But what’s important in all instances is that irrespective of terms and conditions, you’re still technically getting something for free.
Even if most casino bonuses make it difficult to get your hands on your winnings, you’re not likely to lose anything by signing up. And that’s exactly what thousands across New Zealand and the rest of the world are doing. The more generous those casino bonuses become, the greater the number of newcomers joining the party.
Finding the Best Casino Bonuses
Still, it’s important to acknowledge the fact that not all casino bonuses are cut from the same cloth. While some online casinos throw huge sums of money at new customers, others aren’t quite so generous. The same also applies to those all-important terms and conditions – some being more severe than others.
It’s therefore a case of consulting all applicable terms and conditions carefully. If you want to take advantage of any online casino bonus, it’s worth reading the small print beforehand. Though you can also use the ratings and recommendations of other players and independent experts.
Here are some of the best casino companies that offer decent bonuses on a regular basis, including what’s on offer right now:
- Casumo Casino – This is a new mobile casino that premiered in 2019 and currently has an NX$1200 Welcome Bonus up for grabs. In addition, they offer 20 free spins with no deposit necessary for all new customers.
- Voodoo Dreams – If you sign up with this epic mobile casino, you get an NZ$1000 bonus and 200 free spins to get you started. As an added bonus, they also offer 24/7 live chat support to assist with any problems you may have.
- King Billy – King Billy was voted the ‘players choice’ in NZ and offers a great welcome bonus package, which includes 21 free spins with no deposit required. They also have one of the best gaming libraries in the business right now.
- Dunder – Despite being on the smaller side, Dunder still offers an impressive NZ$600 bonus with 200 free spins. They are famed for having a vast gaming library and an average 97,85% RTP, which towers over many top-name casinos doing the rounds online.
- Jackpot City – As the name suggest, these guys are all about big gaming and even bigger jackpots for the lucky few. New players are also offered a seriously generous bonus of NZ$1600 and 50 free spins when signing up for the first time.
These are perhaps the five highest-rated mobile casinos right now where bonuses and promos are concerned. But if live-dealer gaming is your thing, there’s a handful of Live Casino powerhouses you’ll want to check out. All of which have equally generous bonus offers available as those mentioned above.
Here are five of the best live-dealer casinos on the market right now, along with the casino bonus offers they’re currently advertising:
- Royal Spinz – Established in 2018, this online casino is powered largely by Evolution Gaming and currently has a welcome bonus package worth up to $1800.
- Classy Slots – Created in 2019, players are guaranteed a unique gaming experience and offered a massive $2400 introductory bonus offer.
- Casino 1 – A slightly misleading name, given how these guys popped up comparatively recently. In any case, the welcome bonus package worth up to $1400 is a force to be reckoned with.
- Nordicasino – Brought to life in 2017, this is another top-name live casino that’s powered by Evolution Gaming. The advertised welcome bonus package right now is worth up to $500.
- Casino Disco – Another member of the Evolution Gaming gang, currently offering a bonus worth up to $500 for new customers only.
Consulting the Fine Print
Unsurprisingly, it’s not quite as simple as being handed more than $1,000 and doing whatever you want with it. If it was, every casino in business would quickly be driven out of business.
As a general rule of thumb, the more generous the casino bonus, the stricter the terms and conditions. Hence, you need to check the fine print carefully, looking for mentions of the following:
- Wagering Requirements: If you accept a bonus of $1000 with 30X wagering requirements, this would mean you’ll need to wager a total of $30,000 to withdraw it.
- Time Limitations: Along with wagering requirements, you’ll usually have a limited time to play through the amount needed. Anything from a few days to a month or so.
- Restricted Winnings: The amount you can win and withdraw using bonus funds may be strictly limited.
- Eligible Games: Wagering requirements can usually be fulfilled by selected games only, which may or may not be of interest to you.
- Country Restrictions: Your location may affect your eligibility for any given bonus, so be sure to check this before going ahead.
Casino bonus offers can be both generous and genuine, but the deals you come across aren’t always as they seem. Studying casino bonus terms and conditions is hardly exciting, but is an important part of the process nonetheless.
Where heavy restrictions and wagering requirements apply, be cautious with the size of your deposits. The more you pay into your account, the more you’ll need to wager to access the bonus funds.
Last but not least, don’t automatically assume that the more modest casino bonus offers aren’t worth bothering with. A $10 bonus might not sound like much, but could be free from wagering requirements and yours to do whatever you want with.