If you’re experiencing a burnt taste or decreased vapor production when using your vape, there’s a chance that your coil is burnt. But, did you know a burnt coil does not have to mean the end of your vape pen?
Your vape’s coil is the component that heats up the vape pen liquid, converting it into an inhalable form. So, we probably don’t have to tell you how much work it does or how crucial it is.
However, the work rate of your vape’s coil also means that it will get some wear and tear after a while, which usually manifests as a burnt coil.
Thankfully, cleaning your burnt coil can usually help you restore its performance and prolong its lifespan. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through steps on how to clean a vape coil and improve your vaping experience.
So, let’s jump into it!
One way to avoid a burnt coil is to use quality vape products like those from our shop. Here are some of our best sellers!
- A burnt coil is a common issue that many vapers have to deal with after using their vape pen for a while.
- While there are several causes of a burnt coil, it generally reduces the quality of your vaping experience and can cause coughing.
- You can clean your burnt coil and restore it back to optimal performance and delightful flavors.
What is a Vape Coil?
A burnt coil is one of the more common issues that vapers have to deal with when using their vape pens. But what is the coil’s function, and why does it get burnt?
Your vape coil refers to a small, metal heating element located inside every vaping device and is responsible for converting the vape juice or e-liquid to vapor by heating it. After the vape coil does its vaporizing job, then you can inhale the vapor from the pen.
Generally, most vape coils are made from a resistant wire, such as kanthal or nichrome, and are wrapped around a wick that absorbs the e-liquid and exposes it to the heating action of the coil.
A vape coil is a vital component of the vape and your vaping experience. Therefore, you need to ensure it stays in good condition to ensure optimal heating and nice flavors. Unfortunately, in some cases, your vape coil may get burnt.
Top Reasons Your Vape Coil May Get Burnt
A burnt coil may be the reason you cough when you take a hit from your vape. Here are some of the more causes of a burnt vape coil:
- Low e-liquid: If the level of e-liquid in your vape tank or pod runs too low, the wick inside the coil will not have enough liquid to absorb, which means that the coil will burn when you activate the device.
- Chain vaping: Chain vaping refers to continuous vaping without giving the coil enough time to cool down. This may lead to overheating in the coil and cause burning.
- High wattage: Some vape pens allow you to set the wattage and the heat the coil generates. However, using a wattage setting that’s too high may cause the coil to heat up too quickly and cause burning.
- Sweetened e-liquid: Some vape e-liquids contain sweetenersr or high amounts of vegetable glycerine (VG) to enhance flavor. However, this can leave a residue on the coil, which will caramelize and cause your cart to taste burnt.
- Dirty coil: Also, the soot and other residues that your coil accumulates over a long time can lead to burning and reduce the performance of the vape pen.
Can You Wash a Vape Coil?
Yes, you can technically wash a vape coil or rinse it under running water. However, you should note that there’s a slight risk of damaging the coil or reducing its lifespan depending on how you wash it.
Besides, water may potentially mix with the e-liquid, which may cause a harsh or unpleasant flavor when you heat it.
Can You Clean a Vape Coil?
Yes, it is possible to clean a vape coil to get rid of built-up dirt and extend its lifespan. However, you should note that not all coils are designed to be removed and cleaned. In some cases, you’ll need to go for an outright coil replacement.
Before cleaning your mesh coil, you’ll need to disassemble the vape tank and then remove the coil. But remember to always handle the coil gently so you don’t damage the delicate wires.
Keep reading to discover how to clean your vape coil once you take it out.
How to Clean a Burnt Coil
Here’s a quick step-by-step on cleaning a burnt mesh coil once you take it out of the vape pen:
Step 1: Soak Your Coils
Once you remove the coil from your vape tank, you need to place it in a bowl of warm water or high-proof alcohol, like vodka. This helps to dissolve any stubborn residue or dirt buildup and also sanitizes the coil.
Step 2: Clean the Coil (Optional)
After soaking, you can use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently clean the coil. This eliminates any remaining residue that the alcohol did not get. Make sure to do this carefully so you don’t ruin the coil wires.
Step 3: Leave to Air Dry
Once you’ve soaked and cleaned the coil, you want to leave it out so it can air dry completely. It is important to ensure that the coil is fully dry before you try to use it again.
Step 4: Prime the Coil
Next, before replacing the coil in your vape tank, we recommend priming it to ensure that it works properly. To do this, apply a few drops of the e-liquid to the coil’s cotton wick while it is attached, ensuring that the wick is fully saturated.
Step 5: Replace
After priming the coil, you can then replace it in your vape and fill the tank with e-liquid. But make sure you let the tank sit for several minutes to give the coil time to fully saturate before you activate the devices and start smoking again.
Other Ways to Clean a Burnt Vape Coil
Once you take out the coil from the vape pen, you can also try the following:
- Leave it under running hot water to rinse and remove built-up residue.
- Dry burn the coil with a lighter to melt off stubborn deposits.
- Rinse the coil again under running water and leave it to dry.
Where to Buy Delta 8 Vape Online
The first step to a delightful vaping experience is purchasing high-quality vape and top-notch products to go with it.
Not to worry, Delta Munchies can help.
If you’re into cartridges, check out our HHC cart and delta 8 cart selection. We’ve got plenty of options, including classic strains like OG Kush and Grandaddy Purp or some exotic ones like Alien OG or Berry Gelato.
All our vape carts are made with a medical-grade glass tank, stainless steel post, and a clear oil chamber so you can know how much oil it’s in them. For the oil, we use only the finest cannabis distillate combined with natural terpenes for a true-to-strain flavor and experience.