Steeped in history, home to some of the best beers and businesses in the world (one not necessarily helping the other) and famed for its sweet treats, often-underrated Belgium has a lot to offer. Both business and leisure travelers flock to Brussels, the capital of Europe, year-round to enjoy its beautiful landscapes, music festivals, and world-renowned art.
However, three languages and a seemingly endless landscape can make Belgium confusing to navigate. Not to worry: from Brussels to Bruges we’ve rounded up the best agencies and travel agents to get you from A(ntwerp) to B(russels).
So, whether you’re sticking to a tour of Belgium or taking things across borders, you’ll be in good hands with one of the tour operators on this list.
Ready to make your trip as sweet as Belgian chocolate? Step this way.
Best online travel agency for business travel
When considering the best online travel agencies, TravelPerk is a top contender, with an innovative, end-to-end solution for modern corporate travel. It’s an all-in-one, intuitive online booking platform, which is a refreshing change from the typically clunky UI of business travel apps and websites.
Corporate travelers have a mission with each journey they take—it’s not the moment to waste precious time worrying about travel logistics. TravelPerk understands this, and efficiency is at the core of the team’s offering.
Businesses can boost efficiency even further with TravelPerk’s numerous tool integrations, centralizing expenses with software such as Expensify or Divvy, or sharing travel plans over Slack. Streamlining a workflow in a way that suits your company needs is key to successful business travel.
Another huge plus is that TravelPerk enables you to make flexible bookings for employees with FlexiPerk. Business travel is often subject to last-minute changes, and TravelPerk’s flexible booking feature gives you the necessary leeway to change plans and get 80% of your spend back. Plus, booking with TravelPerk gives you the option to offset your carbon footprint with GreenPerk—a must in today’s eco-conscious world. TravelPerk strives to ensure employees are traveling stress-free and comfortably, without breaking the budget.
Main offerings and features:
- Extensive inventory of travel services
- Flexible booking with FlexiPerk
- Safety alerts with TravelCare
- Integrated travel policy & approval flows
- Centralized invoicing
- Easy & real-time expense reports
- Carbon offsetting with GreenPerk
- 24/7 customer support with a 15s target response time
- VAT reclaim to save up to 25% on travel
- Integration with 3rd party tools: such as expense management platforms or HR software like Expensify and BambooHR
Start saving money on business travel for your company today!
Best leisure travel agencies to discover Belgium and beyond
If you’re heading to (or from Belgium) for holidays, you’re in the right place. We’ve compiled a list of top leisure travel agencies as well as their key features to help you find the perfect fit.
2. Neckermann: for a uniquely Belgian experience
First on our list of leisure-oriented travel companies is Neckerman. Neckerman has over 40 years of experience in helping clients book their dream trips. They handle everything from last-minute bookings to those unique experiences you’ll be planning years in advance.
Today, Neckerman is a 100% Belgium travel agency and has over 40 travel agents spanning across the country including Ghent, Antwerp, Dinant and more. The team is helping bring Belgians the holiday they’ve always wished for.
Neckermann’s key features include:
- Created by and for Belgians, supporting you with talented travel agents
- Catering to flight or car rental options
- Pick from European city trips to more exotic locations and retreats like South Africa
- 30,000+ vacation homes to choose from
- All-inclusive last-minute deals for the spontaneous travelers among us
3. Connections: best for tailor-made tours and group travel
This is Belgium travel at its finest! Connections is a 100% Belgian travel organization, helping build authentic experiences for curious travelers. Their travel shops are scattered across the country for those that prefer an in-person booking, while their online portal serves customers in English, French, or Dutch.
Connections truly goes the extra mile to bring you a highly-experienced tour guide for every destination. In fact, small groups of Travel Designers (travel advisors) are sent on yearly study trips to better collect knowledge and understand the ins-and-outs of the locations they’re advising on.
Key features and highlights include:
- Travel Designers: travel advisors with all the know how—bringing you a highly-(offline)-researched trip
- Search for flights, car rentals, hotels, or complete holidays
- In-store experiences: to cater to those who prefer to do things the ‘old fashioned’ way
- Trips spanning across: Europe, Africa, Latin America, and more
- Search by travel themes, including: city breaks, sun/snow breaks, honeymoon retreats, and more
4. Prijsvrij: great for getting a good overview of potential destinations
Starting off in the Netherlands in 2011, Prijsvrij has since expanded and become a go-to option for the Belgian market as well. The popular online travel portal caters to holidays at home or away, and allows you to filter your holidays by city trips, winter sports, and even camping options!
They’ve got a wide selection of all-inclusive resorts if you’re looking for the complete package, and their online booking platform is easy to navigate with plenty of filtering options.
Key features and highlights:
- Themed trips including: youth, boutique, luxury, adult only, and more
- Last-minute booking options for those with flexible dates
- Integrated TrustPilot reviews
- No booking fees applied and a best deal guarantee
- Easy to use booking tool with a clear overview of a price booking calendar
5. Corendon: for an end-to-end branded experience
Hosting a wealth of travel services in French, Dutch, Swedish, German, and Danish, Corendon builds travel experiences off of their motto: “toujours les meilleures offres de vacances” which loosely translates to “always the best holiday deals”.
Corendon hosts options for families, couples, and even group tours for friends looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Belgian life. The company even has its own airline: Corendon Dutch Airlines (CND), which flies to over 50 destinations a year, ensuring you with a total Corendon experience from booking to destination. The eco-focused booking portal offers trips flying from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Denmark.
Corendon’s Key features include:
- Option to search with applied budget limits
- Huge discounts on last-minute bookings
- A review system to enable you to make your bookings based on previous travelers
- Great location overviews of what’s going on around your potential hotel
- 11 Corendon hotels to choose from, so you know exactly what to expect
Wrapping up the best online travel agencies for Belgium and beyond!
Whether you’re looking for a river cruise in Ghent or a sightseeing trip to Zanzibar, these travel agencies will get you there. No matter your travel needs, these agencies cater to it all. Take a look at each booking site and figure out which one works best for you and will help ensure you have a ‘w-awfully’ good time!
And, if you’re looking for that perfect business trip, then TravelPerk comes out on top for business travel in Belgium and beyond. With a huge selection of travel options, different stays, and plenty of perks along the way, your trip is sure to be a success with the TravelPerk team behind you.
Buckle up, we’re Belgium-bound!